The links within this recipe will guide you to purchasing the key ingredients to create your own drink. One or more of the products featured in this recipe are hosted on our website or by our affiliate who compensates us if the product is bought via our website. Find out more about our affiliate here.
Follow these simple steps to create your own salted caramel ice cream and tea float.
Serving size: 2
Prep time: 1-2 min
Steeping time: 10-12 hours
- 2 tea bags of Metz Salted Caramel
- 16 oz of water
- Hampton 2 cup teapot
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 tsp of caramel syrup
- (Optional garnish: mint chocolate stick/rolled wafer)
- Use the Hampton teapot to steep 2 tea bags of Metz Salted Caramel in room temp filtered or boiled water
- Place teapot in the fridge 10-12 hours (the results are better with longer steeping times)
- Remove tea bags and add ice cream topped with caramel +/- a rolled wafer
- Now grab a spoon!
How to decrease your sugar intake with this recipe
- There are 15g of sugar in 30 mls (6 tsp) of this caramel syrup. Use less than 1/2 tsp to garnish your drink.
- Choose vanilla ice creams that have no sugar added. We recommend Breyers Carb Smart or No Sugar Added options which contain 4-5g of sugar in 2/3 cup.
- Use half of a Pirouline wafer (equivalent of 2.25g of sugar ~ 3.5 % DV)
Drift away with this salted caramel tea and ice cream float but experience healthier snacking in the process. Note that the Metz Salted Caramel is a black tea with popped rice which lends a popcorn like flavour to the tea. This tea blend also has an alter ego named Movie Night which can be used in place of the tea bags if your preference is for loose tea.
Click the links below to purchase featured products within this recipe and you will be redirected to complete your transaction.